CPRA and US State Privacy Laws: A Mid-Year Update on the Regulations and Compliance Approaches
From the General Data Protection Regulation to the California Consumer Privacy Act – and all the other new data protection frameworks arising in the US, Asia and Latin America – navigating the global data protection landscape is a challenge for most organizations. In this virtual series, Cooley practitioners provided attendees with practical guidance and best practices around managing data protection-related issues. We also kept you up to date on recent developments in the ever-evolving regulatory landscape.
Session 4: CPRA and US State Privacy Laws: A Mid-Year Update on the Regulations and Compliance Approaches
While the California Privacy Rights Act and other US state privacy laws are coming online in 2023, the regulatory landscape and approaches to compliance remain a moving target. During this presentation led by Cooley partner David Navetta, the Cooley c/d/p team took stock of the current regulations (and drafts thereof) and addressed the “market” approaches for tackling some of the trickier compliance challenges related to these laws. We focused on “how to” practical advice to help participants take the next step in their compliance journey.
For more information, please email Marissa Pilconis.
Privacy Talks programming
- February 16, 2023 – Session 1: Trends in Biometrics Legislation, Regulation and Litigation
- April 20, 2023 – Session 2: Privacy Governance as a Strategic Initiative
- May 25, 2023 – Session 3: GDPR Anniversary: 10 Things to Know About Last Year
- June 15, 2023 – Session 4: CPRA and US State Privacy Laws: A Mid-Year Update on the Regulations and Compliance Approaches
- September 14, 2023 – Session 5: Meeting the CCPA’s Training Requirements
- October 19, 2023 – Session 6: Regulating Dark Patterns and Design
- December 14, 2023 – Session 7: The Proposed EU Data Act: State of Play