CLE Speaker Series Practicing Competently: Recognizing and Responding to Impaired Attorneys (With an Emphasis on Cognitive Decline)
To request access to the recording, please email Kyle Kraynick.
The CLE Speaker Series is a program for in-house and general counsel focused on a variety of newsworthy business and litigation legal developments. Specialty credits in the areas of competency, ethics and elimination of bias also will be offered.
Rule 1.1 of the American Bar Association's Model Rules of Professional Conduct requires lawyers to practice competently. In this session, we'll consider the rules regarding competence, supervision and supervisory attorneys, and requirements related to impaired attorneys. What might we observe in ourselves or our colleagues that might raise concerns regarding substance abuse or cognitive impairments? And how can we individuals, organizations and members of bar organizations best help impaired colleagues while ensuring our clients receive competent advice? This session will grant you one specialty credit in the area of competence issues.
Please note, CLE credit can only be offered to those who have attended the live webinar. On-demand viewing does not qualify for credit. If you attended the Specialty Credits Day on December 2, please note that an additional specialty credit can't be granted for this encore presentation.
CLE Speaker Series programming
- December 2, 2021 – Specialty Credits Day
- December 3, 2021 – Arbitration 360 – What Companies Need to Know About International, Domestic and Consumer Mass Arbitration
- December 7, 2021 – Privacy and Cyber Landscape: What to Expect in 2022
- December 9, 2021 – Recent Developments and Current Trends in Trademark Law: Update From 2021 and Outlook for 2022
- December 14, 2021 – Notes from the M&A Trenches: Market Trends + Legal Developments
- December 16, 2021 – Practicing Competently: Recognizing and Responding to Impaired Attorneys (With An Emphasis on Cognitive Decline)
- January 11, 2022 – Addressing Ageism Bias on Multigenerational Legal Teams
- January 12, 2022 – New Year’s Resolution: Creating a Crisis Management Plan
- January 13, 2022 – Legal Ethics: What You Need to Know for 2022
- January 18, 2022 – Hatch-Waxman 101: The Skinny on 'Skinny Labeling'
- January 20, 2022 – Looking Ahead: What to Expect in Employment Law in 2022