10:00 am PST
11:00 am MST
12:00 pm CST
1:00 pm EST
The CLE Speaker Series is a program for in-house and general counsel focused on a variety of newsworthy business and litigation legal developments. Specialty credits in the areas of competency, ethics and elimination of bias also will be offered.
This is an invitation-only event, and there is no charge to attend. Please email Noelle Carlson to request an invitation. For more information on the program series, please email Kyle Kraynick.
Rule 1.1 of the American Bar Association's Model Rules of Professional Conduct requires lawyers to practice competently. In this session, we'll consider the rules regarding competence, supervision and supervisory attorneys, and requirements related to impaired attorneys. What might we observe in ourselves or our colleagues that might raise concerns regarding substance abuse or cognitive impairments? And how can we individuals, organizations and members of bar organizations best help impaired colleagues while ensuring our clients receive competent advice? This session will grant you one specialty credit in the area of competence issues.
Cooley LLP is an approved provider and can provide credit in CA, CO IL, PA and NY. Cooley LLP is a sponsor and can apply for credit in OH, TX, VA and WA. Credit in other jurisdictions may be available via reciprocity. For jurisdictions where Cooley LLP is not able to provide credit, we will assist individual attendees with the self-application process or provide a general certificate of attendance. This program is ideal for members of CA MCLE Compliance Group 1 (A-G). For specific CLE credit questions, please contact our licensing + compliance team.
If you plan to attend the Specialty Credits Day on December 2, please note that an additional specialty credit can't be granted for this encore presentation.
CLE Speaker Series programming
- December 2, 2021 – Specialty Credits Day
- December 3, 2021 – Arbitration 360 – What Companies Need to Know About International, Domestic and Consumer Mass Arbitration
- December 7, 2021 – Privacy and Cyber Landscape: What to Expect in 2022
- December 9, 2021 – Recent Developments and Current Trends in Trademark Law: Update From 2021 and Outlook for 2022
- December 14, 2021 – Notes from the M&A Trenches: Market Trends + Legal Developments
- December 16, 2021 – Practicing Competently: Recognizing and Responding to Impaired Attorneys (With An Emphasis on Cognitive Decline)
- January 11, 2022 – Addressing Ageism Bias on Multigenerational Legal Teams
- January 12, 2022 – New Year’s Resolution: Creating a Crisis Management Plan
- January 13, 2022 – Legal Ethics: What You Need to Know for 2022
- January 18, 2022 – Hatch-Waxman 101: The Skinny on 'Skinny Labeling'
- January 20, 2022 – Looking Ahead: What to Expect in Employment Law in 2022
Please note: Presentation topics and speakers are subject to change.