Cooley’s market-leading patent practice provides the full spectrum of counseling, prosecution and litigation representation to cleantech companies. We regularly counsel companies across a wide variety of industry segments including renewable energy generation and energy efficiency services; solar electric systems; software, sensors and controls; energy storage systems and technologies; materials science and technology; and water purification and management. We also counsel investors backing game-changing clean energy technologies. As the go-to law firm for the world’s most innovative companies, Cooley’s clients range from industry leading tech companies to disruptive, high-growth emerging companies. We serve as legal counsel to 6 of Forbes' top 10 most innovative companies in the world.
Cooley maintains a renowned intellectual property practice that includes a dedicated team of patent lawyers who specialize in securing patent protection for complex technologies in the cleantech sector and in providing strategic IP counseling directed towards monetizing such assets. As one of the top firms in the country for intellectual property law, our patent lawyers provide sophisticated representation to clients at all stages of operation.
- Air/water pollution control and remediation
- Carbon sequestration
- Desiccant-based AC systems
- Dynamic window technologies
- Electric vehicle charging
- Energy storage (Lithium ion batteries, Electric double layer capacitors, 3D batteries)
- Grid-scale storage (Compressed air, Battery, Flywheel)
- Methane capture
- Smart-grid (Data center power management)
- Solar (Flexible substrate PV panels, Microinverters)
- Wind (Generators, Turbine blades)