Our lawyers possess the frontline ITC experience, along with the necessary technical depth and high-stakes IP litigation capability, to successfully navigate the challenges of an ITC investigation
Successfully litigated 30+ high-stakes US International Trade Commission Section 337 investigations since 2013, with a proven track record of navigating inherent challenges and related trials
Unique perspective on the inner workings and internal landscape of the ITC and a strong understanding of the nuances of Section 337 investigations
Distinct advantage of having a former ITC senior investigative trial lawyer on the Cooley team
Excellent working relationships with Office of Unfair Import Investigations (OUII) staff attorneys
Extensive knowledge of the administrative law judges’ tendencies on motions and substantive issues
Deep bench of technical professionals who have the necessary science and technology backgrounds
Broad base of ITC clients in recent years – including AFL Telecommunications, lululemon/MIRROR, Ouster, Qualcomm and a global manufacturer of aftermarket vehicle electronics
2021 Litigation Department of the Year finalist.
- The American Lawyer: Litigation Department of the Year award finalist
- BTI Consulting: Client Service A-Team
- BTI Consulting: IP Litigation “Standout”
- Chambers USA: Ranked nationally for intellectual property practice
- Association of Corporate Counsel: Top 10 for patent litigation practice
- Law360: Top firms at the Federal Circuit
- The Legal 500 US: Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Managing IP: Patent contentious, Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) litigation and life sciences “IP Star”
- Patexia: Ranked in top 10 on overall list of best-performing law firms for patent litigation
Winning performances in high-stakes, high-dollar trials make Cooley an undeniable IP litigation powerhouse.
On its inaugural Law Firm Leaderboard list, Cooley was ranked #3 overall, further spotlighting our large footprint in high-profile litigation.