ITC Section 337 Litigation
Our lawyers possess the frontline ITC experience, along with the necessary technical depth and high-stakes IP litigation capability, to successfully navigate the challenges of an ITC investigation
Distinct advantage of having a former senior investigative trial lawyer with the ITC on the Cooley team who was a seasoned trial partner at a national law firm prior to joining the ITC
Litigated 30+ high-stakes ITC Section 337 investigations over the past decade, including 15 investigations over the past few years
Named one of the most active ITC and patent litigation practices in the US by Corporate Counsel magazine
Proven track record of success navigating the challenges of Section 337 investigations, including at trial
ITC clients in recent years have included Nintendo, HTC, Motorola Mobility, Qualcomm, Varian Medical Systems, Neptune Biorresources, Guess?
Unique perspective of the inner workings and internal landscape of the ITC and a strong understanding of the nuances of Section 337 investigations
Excellent working relationships with OUII staff attorneys
Member of the team currently serves on the executive committee of the ITC Trial Lawyers Association (ITCTLA), the primary organization for private practitioners and in-house lawyers that meet regularly to review developments affecting Section 337 investigations
Extensive knowledge of the administrative law judges’ tendencies on motions and substantive issues
Deep bench of technical experts who have the necessary science and technology backgrounds
2021 Litigation Department of the Year finalist.
- Consistently ranked for IP litigation in Law 360, Chambers US, Corporate Counsel, Legal 500 US and MIP
- Managing IP: Patent Contentious, PTAB Litigation and Life Sciences "IP Star"
- BTI Consulting: IP Litigation “Standouts”
- Legal 500 US: Patents - Litigation (full coverage)
- BTI Consulting: IP Litigation Powerhouse
- Law360: Litigation Powerhouse
- Corporate Counsel: Top 10 Patent Litigation Practice
- National Law Journal: IP Hot List
- Docket Navigator: Top 5 Law Firm for PTAB Proceedings and Top 10 Law Firm for Patent Litigation Defense
- The American Lawyer: IP Litigation Department of the Year Finalist
- The Recorder: IP Litigation Department of the Year
- Financial Times: Top 5 Most Innovative Law Firms
Winning performances in high-stakes, high-dollar trials make Cooley an undeniable IP litigation powerhouse.
Law Firm Leaderboard Top 3
On its inaugural Law Firm Leaderboard list, Cooley was ranked #3 overall, further spotlighting our large footprint in high-profile litigation.