To request the webcast recording, please email Joey Anderson.
An effective compensation strategy is a critical part of attracting, incentivizing and retaining top talent. When designing, implementing and disclosing executive, director and equity compensation programs that reflect the business strategy and drive long-term value, public companies are subject to an evolving regulatory landscape and must understand investor and proxy advisory firm expectations.
In this webcast series, Cooley practitioners and industry leaders will discuss the latest compensation trends and strategies, as well as the challenges that public companies face when balancing legal, tax and disclosure requirements with practical business needs.
This session will explore compensation design and implementation considerations unique to companies operating in the life sciences industry. Discussion will include emerging trends in cash and equity compensation, designing lifecycle-appropriate compensation arrangements, and industry-specific challenges such as confidential treatment of performance milestones, pre-commercial revenue constraints, equity compensation dilution, and industry-specific ESG metrics and human capital disclosure.
- July 21, 2021 – Incorporating ESG Metrics Into Compensation Programs
- August 25, 2021 – Executive "Mega Grants" (Large, One-Time, Multiyear Equity Awards)
- September 29, 2021 – Director Compensation Trends and Litigation Developments
- October 20, 2021 – Compensation Issues and Trends Unique to Life Sciences Companies
- October 21, 2021 – Compensation Issues and Trends Unique to Tech Companies
- November 17, 2021 – Compensation Cornucopia – A Rapid-Fire Discussion of Hot Topics
- December 15, 2021 – Post-Acquisition Integration Considerations, Tips and Traps
- January 19, 2022 – Proxy Advisory Firm and Institutional Investor Policy Updates and Advice for the 2022 Proxy Season