To request the webcast recording, please email Joey Anderson.
An effective compensation strategy is a critical part of attracting, incentivizing and retaining top talent. When designing, implementing and disclosing executive, director and equity compensation programs that reflect the business strategy and drive long-term value, public companies are subject to an evolving regulatory landscape and must understand investor and proxy advisory firm expectations.
In this webcast series, Cooley practitioners and industry leaders will discuss the latest compensation trends and strategies, as well as the challenges that public companies face when balancing legal, tax and disclosure requirements with practical business needs.
This session will be a rapid-fire discussion of hot topics related to compensation benefits.
Dodd-Frank clawback rules are back!
Designing meaningful performance-based compensation in a tumultuous economy
Will the COVID vaccine mandate affect compensation policies?
How to handle leaves of absence and equity awards
Don’t overlook these ESPP terms
Evergreen provisions: the gift that keeps on giving
Tips and traps of delegating grant-making authority to management
Know your (director compensation) limit
Section 162(m): key aspects, changes ahead and mitigation strategies
Accelerating deductions for annual bonuses
So you missed your performance goals: what's next?
Characterizing Executive Officer Terminations
*CLE credit is not being offered for this session of the Comp Talks Series.
Comp Talks Series Programming
- July 21, 2021 – Incorporating ESG Metrics Into Compensation Programs
- August 25, 2021 – Executive "Mega Grants" (Large, One-Time, Multiyear Equity Awards)
- September 29, 2021 – Director Compensation Trends and Litigation Developments
- October 20, 2021 – Compensation Issues and Trends Unique to Life Sciences Companies
- October 21, 2021 – Compensation Issues and Trends Unique to Tech Companies
- November 17, 2021 – Compensation Cornucopia – A Rapid-Fire Discussion of Hot Topics
- December 15, 2021 – Post-Acquisition Integration Considerations, Tips and Traps
- January 19, 2022 – Proxy Advisory Firm and Institutional Investor Policy Updates and Advice for the 2022 Proxy Season