An effective compensation strategy is a critical part of attracting, incentivizing and retaining top talent. When designing, implementing and disclosing executive, director and equity compensation programs that reflect the business strategy and drive long-term value, public companies are subject to an evolving regulatory landscape and must understand investor and proxy advisory firm expectations.
In this webcast series, Cooley practitioners and industry leaders will discuss the latest compensation trends and strategies, as well as the challenges that public companies face when balancing legal, tax and disclosure requirements with practical business needs.
As investor and societal focus on environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues has grown, so too has pressure on public companies to consider tying a portion of executive compensation to achieving ESG targets. Our panel will discuss the considerations and challenges that may arise, and will provide advice on designing, implementing and disclosing compensation arrangements that incorporate ESG metrics.
Presented by Cooley lawyers Amy Wood, Erin Kravitz, Nyron Persaud and Executive Vice President & Head of ESG at Edelman Heidi Dubois.
To request the webcast recording, please email Joey Anderson.
Comp Talks Series Programming
- July 21, 2021 – Incorporating ESG Metrics Into Compensation Programs
- August 25, 2021 – Executive "Mega Grants" (Large, One-Time, Multiyear Equity Awards)
- September 29, 2021 – Director Compensation Trends and Litigation Developments
- October 20, 2021 – Compensation Issues and Trends Unique to Life Sciences Companies
- October 21, 2021 – Compensation Issues and Trends Unique to Tech Companies
- November 17, 2021 – Compensation Cornucopia – A Rapid-Fire Discussion of Hot Topics
- December 15, 2021 – Post-Acquisition Integration Considerations, Tips and Traps
- January 19, 2022 – Proxy Advisory Firm and Institutional Investor Policy Updates and Advice for the 2022 Proxy Season