Our Comp Talks webcasts are designed to address hot topics in compensation for public companies. The goal of the Comp Talks series is to provide practical information to help you:
- make compensation decisions that motivate your employees, consultants and directors to achieve your business goals,
- confidently explain those decisions to employees, directors, stockholders and proxy advisory firms, and
- administer your programs effectively.
These programs, conducted by Cooley practitioners and industry leaders, are designed to give you the information and tools you need to keep up with current compensation trends so you can balance the legal, tax and disclosure requirements and "best practices" with your practical business needs.
With the 2019 proxy season behind most of us, it is time to analyze what happened in 2019 and what we can learn from it as we head into 2020. As companies gear up for off-season stockholder engagement and year-end compensation decisions, our July 31st webcast will present an overview of the 2019 proxy season's developments and trends, and identify and discuss the key issues to consider going forward.
Specific Topics Include
- What we learned from 2019, including an in-depth discussion of what's behind the statistics (including director elections, say-on-pay and other compensation proposals, pay ratio and stockholder proposals)
- Proxy advisory firm influence and hot buttons
- CD&A and proxy disclosure trends and tips
- Stockholder engagement – institutional investor engagement priorities, strategic tips and traps and securities law reminders
- Proxy litigation trends
- What is on the horizon for 2020 and what companies should be doing now to prepare for 2020
Reid Pearson – Executive Vice President, Alliance Advisors
Megan Arthur Schilling – Partner, Cooley
Amy Wood – Partner, Cooley (moderator)
For additional information, please email Leah Lowery or call +1 858 550 6465.