Specialized group who partners with Cooley’s litigators and clients to craft cost-efficient, defensible, and tailored discovery and retention strategies.
- We work with clients to design effective document retention and litigation readiness plans.
- We provide bespoke consulting services for all aspects of litigation support and technology, incorporating the latest advanced analytics to assist our clients in creating defensible discovery strategies.
- We execute such services as collection, hosting, data reduction and data analysis (culling de-duplication/near de-duplication and email filtering), predictive coding, advanced analytics and technology-assisted review (TAR), and electronic production.
- We’re keenly aware that no one solution fits all cases, and we’re able to shift our strategy, often with little notice, to meet the needs of our clients.
- For select litigations, we use CooleyPlus, the firm’s in-house offering that provides an array of eDiscovery-related technologies and services within a low-cost, bundled and predictable pricing structure.
Information retention counseling and information governance
- We help companies and organizations create sensible, practical and defensible records management, data retention policies, and dispositioning policies and protocols.
- We assist with identifying, categorizing, and securing critical, sensitive and confidential information.
- We develop strategies to improve compliance with retention and privacy regulations – and reduce risk.
- We perform data retention analysis so our clients can defensibly delete redundant, outdated and trivial documents with little or no business value.
- We help boost organizational and employee productivity and improve efficient access to information.
- We aid in the development of an internal retention team to orchestrate and manage retention and deletion of company information.
- We offer increased visibility into organizational data to reveal business intelligence opportunities and competitive advantages.
A best practices framework for records retention and information dispositioning
Expert guidance on drafting and implementing practical, scalable policies and programs
Cooley Special Counsel Recognized as Visionary for Use of AI Tools
Cooley special counsel and head of litigation and eDiscovery & information retention counseling Ruth Hauswirth was recognized on Relativity’s annual list of AI Visionaries – early adopters in legal, compliance and risk who play a key role in advancing the use of artificial intelligence tools in their organizations.
DOJ Issues Further Guidance, Warnings on Ephemeral Messaging Apps
At a March 2023 white-collar crime conference, senior DOJ officials offered expansive guidance about the dangers of using ephemeral messaging for company communications, noting that when investigating, DOJ prosecutors will consider a company’s use of ephemeral and encrypted applications and other related issues.Learn more