On the Record Rapid-Fire Series
Good Faith in English Law Contracts: What Does It Mean?
Cooley’s On the Record Rapid-Fire Series provides insights and analysis on commercial and contractual disputes – and the issues that drive them. The series addresses a range of topics, including class actions, crypto, product litigation, and cross-border, life sciences and technology disputes.
Session 7 – Good Faith in English Law Contracts: What Does It Mean?
Members of our commercial disputes team conducted a 30-minute, rapid-fire webinar discussing the concept of good faith in English law contracts. How have the courts interpreted the phrase? Does it help resolve disputes or create uncertainty? We considered use of the term in shareholder agreements and commercial contracts.
For more information, please email Ruth Taylor.
On the Record Rapid-Fire Series programming
- 20 April 2023 – Session 1: EU and UK Collective Actions: What Is Driving Rapid Growth and What Are the Future Risks?
- 16 May 2023 – Session 2: English Crypto Litigation: The Cases So Far and the Key Issues To Be Resolved
- 22 June 2023 – Session 3: EU and UK Collective Action Risks From Regulatory Reforms in Product Safety, Compliance and Consumer Protection
- 25 July 2023 – Session 4: International Dispute Resolution in Life Sciences
- 27 September 2023 – Session 5: Convergence of Products and Privacy: The Risk of Crossover Collective Actions
- 17 October 2023 – Session 6: Addressing Unfair Regulatory Treatment and Government Actions
- 21 November 2023 – Session 7: Good Faith in English Law Contracts – What Does It Mean?
This content is provided for general informational purposes only, and your access or use of the content does not create an attorney-client relationship between you or your organization and Cooley LLP, Cooley (UK) LLP, or any other affiliated practice or entity (collectively referred to as “Cooley”). By accessing this content, you agree that the information provided does not constitute legal or other professional advice. This content is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice from a qualified attorney licensed in your jurisdiction and you should not act or refrain from acting based on this content. This content may be changed without notice. It is not guaranteed to be complete, correct or up to date, and it may not reflect the most current legal developments. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Do not send any confidential information to Cooley, as we do not have any duty to keep any information you provide to us confidential. This content may be considered Attorney Advertising and is subject to our legal notices.