On the Record Rapid-Fire Series
Addressing Unfair Regulatory Treatment and Government Actions
Cooley’s On the Record Rapid-Fire Series provides insights and analysis on commercial and contractual disputes – and the issues that drive them. The series addresses a range of topics, including class actions, crypto, product litigation, and cross-border, life sciences and technology disputes.
Session 6 – Addressing Unfair Regulatory Treatment and Government Actions
Life sciences, tech and other disruptive companies regularly face regulatory and legislative actions from foreign governments that challenge their business models. All indications suggest that the amount of regulation will increase. Members of Cooley’s international arbitration team conducted a 30-minute, rapid-fire discussion about obtaining compensation and other remedies for breaches by foreign states of the protections that international investment law offers against arbitrary, discriminatory and other unfair treatment.
For more information, please email Ruth Taylor.
On the Record Rapid-Fire Series programming
- 20 April 2023 – Session 1: EU and UK Collective Actions: What Is Driving Rapid Growth and What Are the Future Risks?
- 16 May 2023 – Session 2: English Crypto Litigation: The Cases So Far and the Key Issues To Be Resolved
- 22 June 2023 – Session 3: EU and UK Collective Action Risks From Regulatory Reforms in Product Safety, Compliance and Consumer Protection
- 25 July 2023 – Session 4: International Dispute Resolution in Life Sciences
- 27 September 2023 – Session 5: Convergence of Products and Privacy: The Risk of Crossover Collective Actions
- 17 October 2023 – Session 6: Addressing Unfair Regulatory Treatment and Government Actions
- 21 November 2023 – Session 7: Good Faith in English Law Contracts – What Does It Mean?