Comp Talks is a monthly program designed to address hot topics in compensation for public companies. The goal of the Comp Talks series is to provide practical information to help you:
- make compensation decisions that motivate your employees, consultants and directors to achieve your business goals,
- confidently explain those decisions to employees, directors, stockholders and proxy advisory firms, and
- administer your programs effectively.
Our programs, conducted by Cooley practitioners and industry experts, are designed to give you the information and tools you need to keep up with current compensation trends so you can balance the legal, tax and disclosure requirements and "best practices" with your practical business needs.
With the 2018 proxy season behind most of us, it is time to analyze what happened in 2018 and what we can learn from it as we head into 2019. As companies gear up for off-season stockholder engagement and year-end compensation decisions, our August 29 webcast will present an overview of the 2018 proxy season's developments and trends, and identify and discuss the key issues to consider going forward.
Specific Topics Include
- What we learned from 2018, including an in-depth discussion of what's behind the statistics
- The first year of pay ratio disclosure
- Proxy disclosure developments driven by tax reform and the Delaware Supreme Court Investors Bancorp decision on director compensation
- What is on the horizon for 2019 and what companies should be doing now to prepare for 2019
- Stockholder engagement – strategic tips and traps and securities law reminders
- Proxy litigation trends
Megan Arthur Schilling – Partner, Cooley
Reid Pearson – Executive Vice President, Alliance Advisors
Amy Wood – Partner, Cooley (moderator)
Register to access recorded webcast
For additional information, please email Krista Florea or call +1 720 566 4063.