Tracy has more than a decade of experience counseling industry innovators and the world’s leading technology companies on their most transformative and complex intellectual property transactions, including asset carve outs, spinouts, patent portfolio acquisitions, mergers and acquisitions, IPOs and strategic investments. Clients turn to her at all stages of growth, from small startups licensing technology to help launch and grow their business to large public companies seeking targeted advice on unique technology transactions matters.
Tracy also advises clients on licensing matters, including generative artificial intelligence strategy and risks, settlement agreements, university licensing agreements, joint development agreements, and other agreements pertaining to technology licensing, development, and distribution. She has particular expertise in technology-driven industries, including artificial intelligence and machine learning, connected devices, enterprise and consumer software, semiconductors, digital media, clean energy, ecommerce, data and analytics, and social media.
Prior to joining Cooley, Tracy was a partner at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, where she served as chair of the women’s diversity groups and a member of its pro bono, community service, recruiting and career development committees.
- Co-author, “Intellectual Property: Asset Purchases,” Thomson Reuters, Practical Law
- Co-author, “Intellectual Property: Stock Purchases and Mergers,” Thomson Reuters, Practical Law
- Co-author, “Transitional Trademark License Clauses (Pro-Seller),” Thomson Reuters, Practical Law
- Co-author, “Transitional Trademark License Clauses (Pro-Buyer),” Thomson Reuters, Practical Law
- Co-author, “Generative AI: Important Considerations When Navigating Contract Terms,” CooleyGo
- Co-author, “Top Ten Considerations For Companies Using Generative Ai Internally,” CooleyGo
Stanford Law School
BA, Law Jurisprudence and Social Thought, magna cum laude
Admissions & credentials
US District Court for the Northern District of California
Rankings & accolades
The Legal 500 US: Leading Lawyer in Technology Transactions (2023)