Tijana’s practice focuses on complex commercial litigation and securities litigation matters. She has substantial experience in a wide range of disputes in federal and state courts, including contract disputes, securities class actions, and shareholder derivative and books and records litigation. Tijana is a trusted adviser to and fierce advocate for her clients, which include individuals, venture capital firms, early-stage startups and publicly traded companies in various industries, including life sciences and technology. She also maintains a robust pro bono practice focusing primarily on immigration, criminal defense and environmental protection matters.
Tijana manages all aspects of the dispute resolution process, ranging from pre-litigation counseling and settlement to trial. She has achieved success for her clients before federal and state court judges.
Tijana’s representative matters include advising:
- Numerous large pharmaceutical companies in connection with shareholder litigation matters and securities class action lawsuits
- A large technology company in connection with shareholder litigation matters and securities class action lawsuits
- A data analytics company in connection with a dispute brought by a former investor alleging breach of contract and fraud claims
- A large pharmaceutical company and its board in litigations brought by shareholders seeking the company’s books and records
- A technology company in connection with claims brought against a former employee for improper use of confidential information
- A medical device company in connection with post-merger earnout dispute claims
- A technology company in connection with a post-acquisition net working capital dispute
Tijana is a member of Cooley’s Women’s Initiative, Cooley’s pro bono committee and a founding member of Cooley’s Palo Alto lateral associate integration committee.
Tijana is also a member of Chief, a private network built to drive more women into positions of power, strengthen their leadership, collaborate on ideas across industries and create positive change. In addition, Tijana serves as one of the American Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division liaisons.
Santa Clara University School of Law
JD, 2012, summa cum laude
University of California, San Diego
BA, 2009, cum laude
Admissions & credentials
US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
US District Court for the Central District of California
US District Court for the Eastern District of California
US District Court for the Northern District of California
US District Court for the Southern District of California
U.S. District Court, District of Utah