Sam Meiklejohn focuses his practice primarily on equity capital markets and public companies. Sam advises corporates, major shareholders and investment banks on primary and secondary securities offerings listed on UK and international stock exchanges. Sam also has experience in debt capital markets, and has advised a range of companies and investment banks on their issuances of high yield bonds and EMTN programmes. Sam has worked extensively on cross-border and international transactions, both transatlantic and across the MENA region working for six months in Abu Dhabi during 2014.
- The $273 million IPO and listing on Nasdaq of Immunocore; advising the issuer
- Renalytix AI, an AIM-quoted artificial intelligence-enabled in vitro diagnostics company, on its $85 million global offering and Nasdaq listing
- Silence Therapeutics, the LSE-listed specialty pharma company, on its direct listing of ADSs in the US on Nasdaq
- Bicycle Therapeutics, a developer of a new class of small, chemically synthesized medicines, primarily to fight cancer, on its $125 million ATM (at-the-market) offering
- Uber Technologies on its $8.1 billion initial public offering
- The placement agent on a $200 million PIPE by AIM and Nasdaq dual-listed Verona Pharma
- The underwriters on a $244.8 million follow-on offering by Adaptimmune Therapeutics
Prior to joining Cooley, Sam spent five years at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton. In 2017, he spent nine months on secondment to HSBC in their corporate treasury team.
College of Law
BPP University Law School
University of Leeds
BA (Hons) History, First Class, 2011
Admissions & credentials
England & Wales