Philip Mitchell has provided health regulatory counsel to a range of industry clients, including hospital systems, provider practice groups, management services organizations, clinical laboratories, managed care organizations and health insurers, pharmaceutical and biologic manufacturers, and specialty pharmacies, other proprietary and nonprofit healthcare enterprises, and investment firms.
Philip's experience includes:
- Structuring and negotiating complex corporate transactions, including acquisitions, joint ventures, affiliations and divestitures, managing and conducting related health regulatory due diligence and obtaining necessary regulatory approvals;
- Negotiating managed care contracts and advising on the creating and structuring of provider networks and relationships between managed care organizations and providers;
- Reviewing and implementing business models for the delivery of healthcare services in compliance with state licensure and corporate practice regulations;
- Counseling providers on clinical research activities; and
- Advising clients on a wide variety of operational health regulatory issues involving licensure and certification, ehealth, privacy, fraud and abuse, reimbursement, credentialing, and informed consent and other patient care matters.
Prior to joining Cooley, Philip was a partner in another leading law firm, where he was a member of its national healthcare and life sciences practice group. He has also previously served as an associate in the healthcare department of a leading Philadelphia-based law firm.
Philip has published articles on various health law topics, and recently served as an editor on the American Health Lawyers Association state survey on the corporate practice of medicine and currently serves as an editor for the upcoming ABA EHealth, Privacy & Security, 2015 Supplement.
University of Virginia School of Law
Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School
The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
University of Pennsylvania
Admissions & credentials
Memberships & affiliations
American Bar Association
American Health Lawyers Association