I love working as part of a team that's focused on finding creative, commercial solutions.
Harriet is an associate in the litigation department in Cooley’s London office and is part of the commercial litigation and international product compliance & product liability teams.
Harriet’s experience spans civil litigation, regulatory investigations, and disputes arising out of product liability issues across a range of industries, with a focus on consumer products and life sciences. Harriet also has experience working on large-scale investigations for clients in circumstances where there is a significant threat to the business or reputation of the client – and where it is necessary to engage with multiple stakeholders.
Harriet also advises on a range of pro bono matters.
Harriet’s key representative matters include:
- Defending a large product liability dispute involving multiple claimants and defendants, and in connection, engaging in an extensive alternative dispute resolution process
- Ongoing representation of a consumer products manufacturer at a Public Inquiry launched in August 2017
- Advising a senior executive on disclosures requested by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Advising on and negotiating a pre-action settlement for a dispute relating to product deliverables between two life sciences companies
- Coordinating multi-jurisdictional corrective actions
- Working on a highly confidential, large-scale internal investigation and disciplinary process following the discovery of potentially fraudulent adjustments being made to regulatory documents
- Working on a large internal investigation on behalf of a client, which involved regulatory reporting, dealing with threatened litigation, and assisting on the internal and external communications strategy
- Providing strategic advice to consumer products manufacturers in relation to consumer claims
- Acting in proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court and in mediation concerning the design, construction, operation and/or repair of industrial assets, sites and technology
- Advising a charity on its engagement with the Charity Commission for England and Wales to satisfy the regulator’s enquiries in respect of the charity’s activity
- Representing a client in the successful resolution of a dispute over the termination of a software development and implementation agreement, with responsibilities that included working on a large-scale electronic disclosure process
- Assisting on an urgent application for adjournment to the Commercial Court, followed by preparing for and advising the client during a two-week trial to defend against an application for disclosure of financial information
- Representing a major online retailer in responding to third-party information requests from the Competition and Markets Authority as part of a Phase II merger investigation
Prior to joining Cooley, Harriet worked on a regulatory investigation project in the litigation and dispute resolution department of another top-tier London firm.
Harriet also spent two years working in-house – firstly at Pentland Brands, and subsequently at the deVere Group where she assisted with the group's strategic disposal of its core divisions.
- Co-author of “Two EU Laws Could Supercharge Product Liability Class Actions” – Law360, April 2023
- Co-author of “Contractual Dispute Resolution Procedure as a Condition Precedent: Clarity is Key” – On the Record, March 2023
- Co-author of “MUR Shipping U-Turn: non-contractual performance would have overcome a force majeure event” – On the Record, November 2022
- Co-author of “Dispute Resolution no Longer Alternative” – On the Record, September 2022
- Co-author of “Productwise Bitesize: Low Voltage Directive” – Productwise, August 2022
Kaplan Law School
University of Southampton
LLB, 2010, honours
Admissions & credentials
England & Wales
Memberships & affiliations
Commercial Litigators Forum
Young Fraud Lawyers Association