I buy and sell companies. As a trusted member of your inner circle, I help navigate through a complex process to simplify your deal while focusing on outcomes that are important to you.
Aaron’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and other complex corporate transactions, representing strategic and financial buyers and sellers in public and private acquisitions, as well as venture capital and growth equity financings. He is highly regarded as a dealmaker and strategic adviser to companies within two of the most innovative and rapidly evolving industries – technology and media – with a particular emphasis in cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, software as a service (SaaS), healthcare and communications, and frequently works with government contractors.
Aaron leverages this deep industry experience and his distinctive business-oriented approach to advise general counsels, executive teams and boards of directors in navigating highly sensitive and unique challenges at critical stages within a company’s life cycle, while driving successful business outcomes for his clients.
Aaron has been actively involved in buy and sell side M&A transactions ranging in size from less than $1 million to more than $7 billion, and often represents companies in repeat engagements.
Aaron’s representative matters include advising:
- Meredith in the spinoff of its print and digital publishing business and $2.7 billion sale to Dotdash, the largest digital and print publisher in America, and simultaneous sale of the legacy public company to Gray Television for $2.825 billion
- Meredith in its acquisition of Time for $2.85 billion and subsequent sales of the Fortune media brand to Fortune Media Group Holdings for $150 million, the Time media brand to the Benioff family for $190 million, Sports Illustrated to Authentic Brands group for $110 million, and the Travel + Leisure brand to Wyndham Destinations for $100 million
- Razor’s Edge in connection with the formation of new platforms Black Sea Technologies, with the acquisition of Maritime Applied Physics Corporation and other follow-on acquisitions, and Black Signal Technologies with the acquisitions of blue Ridge Envisioneering and Silver Palm Technologies.
- Dovel Technologies in its sale to Guidehouse and previous sale to Macquarie Capital, along with its previous acquisitions of Medical Science & Computing and RNSolutions
- Goal Group in its sale to Motion Recruitment
- Luna Innovations in its acquisitions of OptaSense and NKT Photonics’ LIOS sensing business, and divestiture of its Luna Labs division
- Luna Innovations in its acquisition of Advanced Photonix and sale of its Picometrix division to MACOM
- MAG Aerospace in its sale to New Mountain Capital, and its follow-on acquisitions of Ausley Associates and North American Surveillance Systems, as well as numerous tuck-in acquisitions
- BroadSoft in its public company sale to Cisco Systems for $1.9 billion, and its previous acquisitions of Transera Communications, mPortal, Leonid Systems, Adaption Technologies Ventures, Partners 1993 EOOD and iLinc Communications
- Blackbird Technologies in its sale to Raytheon for $420 million
- Relatient in its sale of majority stake to Brighton Park Capital
- ImmixGroup in its sale to Arrow Electronics
- Blackboard in its acquisitions of CardSmith, Global Connect and Moodlerooms
- BoxTone in its sale to Good Technology
- Diamond Mind in its sale to a private equity buyer
- Avail-TVN in its Series B financing by The Carlyle Group
- Thresher Ventures in its sale to Two Six Technologies
A Chambers-rated lawyer, Aaron was named a 2021 Rising Star by the National Law Journal and a 2019 Washington, DC, Rising Star by Super Lawyers in recognition of his exceptional track record, client service and professional achievement. He also is a member of the board of directors for the National Capital chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), and is regularly invited to speak on market trends and deal terms within the M&A and private equity landscape.
George Washington University Law School
JD, 2007, with honors
George Washington University
BBA, 2004, cum laude
Admissions & credentials
District of Columbia
Rankings & accolades
Chambers USA: Corporate/M&A & Private Equity – District of Columbia (2021 – 2023)
The National Law Journal: Rising Star (2021)
Super Lawyers: Washington, DC, Rising Star (2019)
Memberships & affiliations
American Bar Association
American Bar Association - Section on Business Law
Association for Corporate Growth, Board Member