Our Comp Talks webcasts are designed to address hot topics in compensation for public companies. The goal of the Comp Talks series is to provide practical information to help you:
- Make compensation decisions that motivate your employees, consultants and directors to achieve your business goals
- Confidently explain those decisions to employees, directors, stockholders and proxy advisory firms
- Administer your programs effectively
These programs, conducted by Cooley practitioners and industry leaders, are designed to give you the information and tools you need to keep up with current compensation trends, helping you to balance the legal, tax and disclosure requirements and "best practices" with your practical business needs.
Issues relating to change in control severance payments and benefits (including equity award acceleration) can be some of the most sensitive matters in structuring, negotiating and bringing to completion a corporate transaction. This panel will focus on the key issues that arise in this context and what companies can do now in order to be prepared when a transaction arises.
Specific Topics Include
- Why these issues matter
- Elements of compensation and benefits to consider
- How to structure related definitions of Cause and Good Reason
- What are we seeing in the market (including recent Radford survey data)
- Disclosure issues
- Shareholder advisory firm perspectives
- Tax issues, including the “golden parachute rules” and related excise tax
- Actions to take today
Barbara Mirza – Partner, Cooley
Lauren Mullen – Associate Partner, Radford, Aon
Amy Wood – Partner, Cooley (moderator)
Register to access recorded website
For more information, please email Brianna Sullivan or call +1 617 937 2404.