London – March 10, 2023 – Cooley has partnered with FemTech Lab, a top femtech accelerator, to support innovative, high-growth femtech companies as they develop and scale.
Founded in London in 2020, FemTech Lab is an ecosystem of startups, experts and investors in women’s health and wellness.
Cooley will provide practical insights and coaching to the founders throughout FemTech Lab’s 12-week programme of workshops, mentoring and intensive bootcamps. A cohort of 14 founders started on March 6, with a second cohort starting in the autumn.
“There is huge momentum in the femtech industry, and FemTech Lab plays a critical role providing a growth ecosystem for some of the most innovative companies in the space,” said Frances Stocks Allen, a partner at Cooley in London. “We are delighted to partner with FemTech Lab and are very impressed by the wealth of talent in the businesses just starting the 12-week programme.”
“Many femtech entrepreneurs turn to Cooley to help them establish, finance and grow their business,” said Karina Vazirova, co-founder and CEO of FemTech Lab. “We are thrilled that Cooley is a FemTech Lab partner and know that our members will hugely benefit from the advice and network access the firm brings.”
The companies that joined FemTech Lab’s March programme include:
- Bomimo Nutrition – Empowering women through the menopause process (UK)
- Chiima Therapeutics – Changing the chronic and acute pain treatment landscape (US)
- DAWN – Accelerating and improving diagnosis and treatment for unknown symptoms by monitoring signs through an artificial intelligence-based smartphone platform (Israel)
- Femity – Providing an online community for women concerning new technology, treatments and services in women’s health (UK)
- HappySneeze – Reducing urinary incontinence and pelvic floor disorder rates by radically increasing early access to rehabilitation (US)
- LUNA Africa – Building a community to rate and review safe, trusted services and products (Rwanda)
- My Fertility – Connecting patients with reproductive medicine, embryology, genetics and fertility coaching experts (UK)
- Neuraura – Restoring women’s reproductive and metabolic health via a wearable bioelectronic device (Canada)
- Peace & Pure – Providing clean, natural beauty products and nutrition supplements for stress control and relaxation (UK)
- Perfect Fit – Offering the first Indonesian-made leak-proof underwear and menstrual health education (Indonesia)
- Plan Your Baby – Delivering a telemedicine platform for fertility treatment and end-to-end pregnancy medical care (UK)
- Thyia – Eradicating cervical cancer through at-home self-testing (UK)
- We Are Ludo – Providing tech for workplace inclusion, closing the gender pay gap and reaching gender parity (UK)
To date, FemTech Lab has worked with 39 femtech startups, helping them raise over £10 million in funding. These companies include in vitro fertilization platform Aura Fertility, eco-friendly period care company &SISTERS, breastfeeding and motherhood app LactApp, pregnancy and postnatal exercise platform MUTU, and Unfabled, a platform for menstrual well-being.
Cooley represents more than 600 digital health companies that are improving the quality and affordability of healthcare. The firm deploys a unique combination of deep experience and knowledge of the femtech sector to support clients’ innovation, growth and success.
About FemTech Lab
Based in London, FemTech Lab is on a mission to revolutionise the femtech sector and unlock the true potential of women to create a fairer, better world. By offering workshops and individual mentorships with world-class specialists in product design, medicine, technology, law, finance and more, FemTech Lab aims to equip innovative female health and wellness startups with the know-how, tactics and confidence to take the healthcare sector by storm. The programme also delivers a state-of-the-art founders’ mental well-being module to help founders strengthen their leadership skills and mental resilience. FemTech Lab gifts 5% of its profits to organisations and nonprofits supporting women.
About Cooley LLP
Clients partner with Cooley on transformative deals, complex IP and regulatory matters, and high-stakes litigation, where innovation meets the law.
Cooley has nearly 1,400 lawyers across 18 offices in the United States, Asia and Europe, and a total workforce of more than 3,000.