40th International Conference on the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
National Harbor, MD20745
Cooley is proud to sponsor the 40th International Conference on the FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act), an international flagship conference with the global anticorruption community that has seen important milestones – including historic government enforcement announcements – and much more. With a host of new investigations, geopolitical shifts, enforcement announcements and compliance updates, this is the year to connect with corporate practitioners from various industries, while gaining strategic guidance on enhancing your compliance programs.
Featured agenda item
Thursday, November 30, 2023 | 12:15 – 1:15 PM EST
What It Now Takes to Successfully Defend Your Compliance Program to the Agencies: Leading Practitioners Share Key Takeaways and Concrete Examples of Unintended, Costly Missteps
Cooley partner Daniel Grooms will speak on this panel.
As enforcement actions rise, it is critical to develop and maintain a proactive and positive working relationship with the prosecutors in order to defend compliance programs to the agencies and highlight corrective actions that have already been implemented.
In this session, leading defense counsel will highlight the new realities of enforcement and share their experiences with the agencies, including:
- Demonstrating that companies are designing and implementing effective compliance systems and controls.
- Highlighting that the programs are “well designed” and work in practice.
- Examining the processes for assessing risk and building a program that is tailored to match those resources to the specific risk profile.
- Exploring how to truly know if your program is working – and when to sound the alarm.
- Providing real-world examples and stories – and their compliance lessons.
For more information, please email Amanda Meier.