Privacy Talks Series Global Data Breaches
From the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) – and all the other new data protection frameworks arising in the US, Asia and Latin America – navigating the global data protection landscape is a challenge for most organizations.
In this monthly webinar series, Cooley practitioners will provide attendees with practical guidance and best practices around managing data protection-related issues. We’ll also keep you up to date on recent developments in the ever-evolving regulatory landscape.
This session will cover the top 10 things you need to consider (and some important practices to keep in mind) when handling a global data breach. One of the top considerations involves coordinating the differences in regional and national laws that may apply to a breach. In addition, there are a number of unique challenges that may arise with multi-jurisdictional data breaches. Some of these include notification triggers and timing of notice, risk assessment differences, engagement of local counsel, and forensic firm capabilities. Several other issue will also be discussed during this lively and informative session.
For more information, please email Jonathan Tsang.
Privacy Talks Series Programing
- November 9, 2021 – UK Privacy Update
- December 14, 2021 – Reconciling the GDPR with the Clinical Trial Regulation (CTR)
- January 11, 2022 – Overview of Privacy Enforcement Actions in the US and EU
- February 1, 2022 – US Compliance Journey 2022 – CPRA Roadmap
- March 1, 2022 – European Data Transfers: Where Do We Stand Now?
- April 5, 2022 – Data Protection Around the Globe: Latin America
- May 3, 2022 – Artificial Intelligence and Privacy: EU and US Overview
- June 7, 2022 – GDPR Anniversary: 10 Things You Should Know About Last Year
- July 5, 2022 – Fintech, Payments and Privacy
- September 6, 2022 – Global Data Breaches
- October 4, 2022 – Data Protection Around the Globe: Asia-Pacific