Join Cooley at the 2022 BIO International Convention
BIO is back this year offering ample opportunities to connect with peers and those who can help you achieve your business goals. Cooley is proud to once again chair the digital health track at the BIO International Convention.
Featured agenda items
June 10 – 12, 2022
Advanced Business Development
Advanced Business Development (ABD) is designed for executives and business development professionals looking to hone their skills and network with other dealmakers. This long-running course incorporates lectures from experienced dealmakers, review of example models, dissection of actual deals, interaction with other participants and live Q&A. It also includes a mock negotiation scenario when each participant is a member of a deal team assigned to negotiate a transaction involving a drug in development with another team using an actual valuation and deal structuring model.
- Joseph Dillon – President and CEO, SynerPhysics and President, Dillon Capital Strategies
- Patrick Duxbury – Partner, Head of Life Sciences (UK), Gowling WLG
- Kenneth Krisko – Partner, Cooley
- Lesley Stolz – Regional Vice President, Early Innovation Partnering, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
Featured digital health sessions
Tuesday, June 14, 2022: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm PDT
Monetizing AI & Machine Learning Applications in Life Sciences
Life sciences and healthcare companies are leveraging machine learning and AI for new advancements. Join senior executives and dealmakers from 23andMe and leading biotechnology and biopharma companies to learn how they are successfully commercializing and implementing monetization strategies surrounding AI and machine learning. Discussion topics will include dealmaking considerations as well as licensing, data and regulatory issues associated with the technology.
- Debbie Alexander – Director, Business Development, 23andMe
- Mark DePristo – CEO and Co-Founder, BigHat Biosciences
- Kate Hillier – Partner, Cooley
- David Morgan ll – President and CEO, Zephyr AI
- Akshay Nanduri – CEO and Founder, Onc.AI
Tuesday, June 14, 2022: 1:45 – 2:45 pm PDT
Partnering Strategies for Success in Digital Health
Strategic partnerships are critical for driving digital health innovation forward. Join us for an in-depth discussion to hear how digital health companies are partnering with leading players ad pharmaceutical companies and to enhance patients’ healthcare experience and improve outcomes. These partnerships showcase how the continuum of care is evolving, from digital companion applications to chronic disease management.
- Wainwright Fishburn – Partner and Global Chair, Digital Health, Cooley
- Brad Gescheider – Global Head-Digital Innovation and Patient Services, Immunology, Sanofi
- James Lu – CEO and Co-founder, Helix
- Kal Patel – CEO and Co-founder, BrightInsight
Tuesday, June 14, 2022: 3:00 – 4:00 pm PDT
Investors' Perspectives – Digital Health Trends and Investment Thesis in 2022 and Beyond
Join this panel of the leading investors in digital health to learn more about the 2022 investment landscape. Learn what drives early and late stage investment decisions and how best to position your company for success in the current market.
- Nate Bayor–Managing Director and Partner, BCG Digital Ventures
- Robert Garber – Partner, 7wireVentures
- Dan Gebremedhin – Partner, Flare Capital
- Josh Seidenfeld – Partner, Cooley
For more information, please email Ilana Brand.