From the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) – and all the other new data protection frameworks arising in the US, Asia and Latin America – navigating the global data protection landscape is a challenge for most organizations.
In this monthly webinar series, Cooley practitioners will provide attendees with practical guidance and best practices around managing data protection-related issues. We’ll also keep you up to date on recent developments in the ever-evolving regulatory landscape.
Artificial intelligence (AI) has become pervasive in our everyday lives, from online shopping and job interviews all the way through to government surveillance. The technology is evolving quickly but brings with it both convenience as well as a number of legal issues. This program will cover the top 10 things you should know about the privacy-related impacts of artificial intelligence, including in the context of biometrics and facial recognition. Presenters will address topics such as transparency around the use and operation of AI-powered products and services, the current legal regime in the U.S. and the EU governing AI and, in particular, biometrics, how current and upcoming data privacy laws (including the European Commission’s proposed Artificial Intelligence Act) may impact the use of AI and machine learning models, and recent litigation and enforcement actions in the AI and biometric space.
For more information, please email Jonathan Tsang.
Privacy Talks Series Programing
- November 9, 2021 – UK Privacy Update
- December 14, 2021 – Reconciling the GDPR with the Clinical Trial Regulation (CTR)
- January 11, 2022 – Overview of Privacy Enforcement Actions in the US and EU
- February 1, 2022 – US Compliance Journey 2022 – CPRA Roadmap
- March 1, 2022 – European Data Transfers: Where Do We Stand Now?
- April 5, 2022 – Data Protection Around the Globe: Latin America
- May 3, 2022 – Artificial Intelligence and Privacy: EU and US Overview
- June 7, 2022 – GDPR Anniversary: 10 Things You Should Know About Last Year
- July 5, 2022 – Fintech, Payments and Privacy
- September 6, 2022 – Global Data Breaches
- October 4, 2022 – Data Protection Around the Globe: Asia-Pacific