Join Cooley privacy and competition lawyers for a webinar on the similarities between competition and privacy enforcement in the EU and US, with a focus on practical insights gained from recent competition cases that can help companies prepare for potential privacy enforcement investigations and actions, including privacy dawn raids in Europe.
• New era of privacy enforcement in Europe – what are the new types of investigations and actions and how does it affect companies?
• Similarities between privacy and competition enforcement actions – how are fines calculated, what is the impact of professional privilege?
• Lessons learned from competition actions that can be applied to privacy enforcement – how are dawn raids conducted, what about self-incrimination?
• Practical steps companies can take in order to minimize the risks associated with privacy investigations and enforcement actions – any rules of thumb?
• Dee Bansal – Moderator, Partner, Cooley
• Alexander Israel – Partner, Cooley
• Patrick Van Eecke – Partner, Cooley
For more information or to request a recording of this presentation, please email Dee Bansal.