LGBTQ+ Affinity Group Diversity Event with Global Butterflies
Cooley's London LGBTQ+ affinity group would like to invite you to its inaugural ‘lunch and learn’ awareness session focusing on diversity & inclusion in the workplace. We will be joined by Global Butterflies an organisation established to create transformative dialogue within the business world on how to be more trans inclusive. The session titled "Trans 101 – The trans* space in 50 minutes" has been created for audiences who are either coming to the subject for the first time or are allies who wish to better understand the trans* space, including the relationship with other equality characteristics.
Cooley – Dashwood, 69 Old Broad Street
London, UK EC2M 1QS
- Statistics – what it is like to be a trans* person in the UK
- Terminology – navigating the complex and ever-changing trans* terminology minefield
- An example trans* journey – procedures, paperwork and social interactions
- UK Law – UK trans* law today and proposed changes
- Simple initial trans* inclusivity tips for employers
- Never say to a trans* person – questions and subjects to avoid
- Understanding of gender identity/expression and common terminology
- Appreciation of what it means to be trans* in the UK
- Building confidence to move forward with workplace adjustment and planning, including staff training, policy writing and recruitment
- Learning how to interact respectfully with the trans* community
For more information, please email Jennie Turner or call +44 20 7556 4458.