PLI: Antitrust Counseling & Compliance 2018
Lawyers counseling businesses should have a solid foundation in the principles of antitrust law and an understanding of the latest antitrust developments in order to advise their clients effectively. The consequences of running afoul of antitrust rules can be costly: federal and state government enforcement actions, jail time for executives, treble damages litigation, class actions and adverse publicity are all risks when companies step over the line.
PLI New York Center – 1177 Avenue of the Americas, 2nd Floor
New York, NY
Gain the tools necessary to help your clients avoid making costly mistakes without stopping them from engaging in lawful activity. Attend this program and learn when to say “no” and when to say “yes”, providing practical answers to the antitrust questions your clients ask.
Featured agenda items
1:00 pm: The Merger Review Process & Merger Guidelines and Enforcement Trends
Cooley partner Howard Morse will chair and speak at this program.
The Merger Review Process
- Negotiating antitrust risk shifting provisions in merger agreements
- Making sense of complicated HSR rules
- Coordinating global competition filings
- Strategies to get a deal through without a second request
- Avoiding “gun jumping” while preparing to integrate
Merger Guidelines and Enforcement Trends
- Horizontal merger analysis
- Merger enforcement trends
- Focus on innovation markets and vertical mergers
- Learning from recently litigated cases: US v. AT&T/Time Warner, FTC v. Trinox/Cristal
- Negotiating remedies