At Cooley, we are dedicated to supporting our most important asset – our people. Part of what makes our firm such a great place to work is our commitment to overall health and well-being. We invest heavily in programs and plans that allow our partners and employees to thrive personally and professionally.
Birth, adoption and family care resources
- Parental leave – Cooley provides 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave beginning on the date of birth or placement of an adopted child. For employees who have given birth, this benefit begins after paid medical disability (typically eight weeks post-birth). Additional leave time – paid through accrued vacation/PTO or unpaid – is generally available as well.
- Ramp-down and ramp-up reduced work schedules – To ease the transition while preparing for and returning from a leave of absence extending at least 12 consecutive weeks, nonpartner lawyers, patent agents and patent technical advisors will have their billable hours threshold lowered by 30%, with no reduction in base compensation for one month prior to leave and three months upon return. Discretionary year-end bonuses will not be prorated as a result of this reduced schedule.
- Family medical leave (Family and Medical Leave Act) – If your spouse, domestic partner, parent or child becomes ill or requires care, eligible employees can take up to 12 weeks of time off per rolling 12-month period. Time off can be taken consecutively or intermittently, and it is paid via accrued sick, vacation or PTO.
- Progyny surrogacy and adoption benefit – Employees who pursue surrogacy or adoption are eligible for reimbursement of up to $25,000 for qualified expenses. Employees also have access to a dedicated patient care advocate who will provide information, resources and emotional support throughout the journey.
- Progyny fertility benefits – Members enrolled in a Cigna health plan have access to a large network of premier fertility specialists, a dedicated patient care advocate, advanced reproductive technology treatments – including PGT-A, ICSI and IVF – and more. This benefit also includes fertility preservation.
- Bright Horizons – Cooley partners and employees are eligible for up to 20 emergency care sessions per child per year in a center near home or work, or in your own home. In-home adult care also is available.
- Bright Horizons Enhanced Family Support – Cooley partners and employees have access to a Bright Horizons concierge who can assist with finding child care, adult care and pet care, as well as discounted resources for tutoring, homework assistance, testing and college prep.
- Cleo (baby to teen) – Expecting, new and experienced parents are eligible for free expert guidance, access to evidence-based programs, a personalized app and the support of an entire parenting community. Cleo works with each family to develop a customized plan based on their specific needs.
- SNOO Smart Sleeper Bassinet – Cooley offers a paid six-month rental for new parents.
- Dependent care spending account – Nonpartner employees can set aside up to $5,000 per year on a pre-tax basis to pay for qualified child care expenses.
- Leverage Concierge – Employees have access to free unlimited referrals for personal services and errand-running for a low hourly fee – performed by a network of highly trained and qualified concierge specialists.
- Rightway Healthcare – Employees can access this advocacy service – provided at no cost to Cigna enrollees – to resolve health- and insurance-related issues, such as settling claims and billing questions, scheduling appointments and finding in-network physicians and facilities.
- Beyond Medicare – The firm provides complimentary consultations with a Medicare specialist who can answer questions and assist with Medicare enrollment for Cooley partners, employees and their families.
- Alternative work schedules – Cooley offers part-time and flexible work schedules to accommodate your family’s needs.
- Mothers rooms – Cooley offices provide private rooms for expressing and storing breast milk.
- Milk Stork – Cooley provides a paid breast milk shipping service for lactating employees on business travel.
- Bloom – Powered by Sword Health, Bloom is a digital pelvic health solution designed to address symptoms of pelvic floor concerns at every life stage, from pregnancy to postpartum to menopause. Bloom is available at no cost to employees enrolled in a Cooley-sponsored health plan.
- Modern Health employee assistance program – Cooley employees, spouses, domestic partners and adult dependents age 18 to 26 are eligible to receive 10 confidential therapy sessions and 10 sessions with a coach per year (in addition to unlimited chat with a coach). Therapy is also available for children ages 6 and up. Other benefits include support for financial counseling, legal referrals and ID theft response.
- Convenience and well-being services – Cooley offers on-site fitness, dry cleaning services, well-being seminars and free on-site massages to support a healthy work-life balance.