Gian-Michele a Marca represents public and private companies, private equity firms and banks in various financing and corporate transactions, including acquisition financing (equity and debt), secured and unsecured credit facilities, mezzanine and second lien financings, structured financings, restructuring and recapitalizations, convertible and high yield bond offerings, and a variety of capital markets transactions.
Mr. a Marca's recent transactions include:
- Sagus International, Inc. – Acquisition by HNI Corporation
- Synopsys, Inc. – $350 million senior unsecured credit facility
- Intermune, Inc. - $155 million offering of 2.50% convertible senior notes due 2018 (underwriter representation)
- Broadsoft, Inc. - $120 million offering of 1.50% convertible senior notes due 2018
- Rovi Corporation - $750 million senior secured credit facilities led by JPMorgan
- Volcano Corporation – $115 million offering of 2.875% convertible senior notes due 2015
- Mannkind Corporation – $100 million offering of 5.75% senior convertibles notes due 2015
- Grubb & Ellis Company – $31.5 million offering of 7.95% convertible senior notes due 2015 (underwriter representation)
- Rovi Corporation – $460 million offering of 2.625% convertible senior notes due 2040
- Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. – $600 million offering of senior secured notes
- JDA Software Group, Inc. – $275 million offering of 8% senior notes due 2014
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. – $230 million offering of 4.00% convertible senior notes due 2016
- Natural Selection Foods – $350 million recapitalization with HM Capital Partners
- Brocade Communication Systems, Inc. – $1.2 billion senior secured credit facilities to finance the acquisition of Foundry Networks
Mr. a Marca was recognized in 2015 by Chambers USA for Banking & Finance law in the Up and Coming band ranking for California.
Mr. a Marca received a JD degree, cum laude, in 1996 from Georgetown University Law Center. Mr. a Marca received a Bachelor's degree, cum laude, in Political Science in 1993 from the University of California, Los Angeles, where he received high departmental honors from the Political Science department.
Mr. a Marca is admitted to practice in the states of New York and California.
- Georgetown University Law Center
JD, 1996, cum laude
- University of California-Los Angeles
BA Political Science, 1993, cum laude