“We are giving them equity.” What does this really mean and how do you accomplish this simple goal without running afoul of the SEC, IRS, DOL, FTB and a few more government agencies? How does this simple incentive get so complicated with vesting, RSUs, repurchase rights and the dreaded 83b election?
Join us for a board level discussion of how to properly utilize equity compensation in your startup.
Discussion topics include:
- Basics for equity compensation plans
- Role of the board in approving plans and grants
- Valuations, repurchases, and tax traps to avoid
- Advisor compensation
Cooley U is an invitation-only, hands-on instruction program for first-time board members and entrepreneurs. This program is designed for the first-time entrepreneur or board member who would like to become more knowledgeable about both the legal and practical issues involved in board membership.
This session will feature:
- Lunch and networking with your peers
- Instruction by Cooley Partner Thomas Welk and Associate Dani Nazemian
- Q&A with an experienced local executive and board member
For more information, please email Leah Lowery or call +1 858 550 6465