Comp Talks is a monthly program designed to address hot topics in compensation for public companies. The goal of the Comp Talks series is to provide practical information to help you:
- make compensation decisions that motivate your employees, consultants and directors to achieve your business goals,
- confidently explain those decisions to employees, directors, stockholders and proxy advisory firms, and
- administer your programs effectively.
Our programs, conducted by Cooley practitioners and industry experts, are designed to give you the information and tools you need to keep up with current compensation trends so you can balance the legal, tax and disclosure requirements and "best practices" with your practical business needs.
With the 2017 proxy season behind most of us, it is time to analyze what happened in 2017 and what we can learn from it as we head into 2018. As companies gear up for off-season stockholder engagement and year-end compensation decisions, our August 16 webcast will present an overview of the 2017 proxy season's developments and trends, and identify and discuss the key issues to consider going forward.
Specific Topics Include
- What we learned from 2017, including an in-depth discussion of what's behind the statistics
- What is on the horizon for 2018
- What companies should be doing now to prepare for 2018
- Stockholder engagement – strategic tips and traps and securities law reminders
- Proxy litigation trends
- Proxy disclosure developments, including best practices and SEC focus
Megan Arthur Schilling – Cooley
Reid Pearson – Alliance Advisors
Amy Wood – Cooley (moderator)
Register to access recorded webcast
Upcoming Comp Talks Programs
- September 20, 2017 – Section 162(m) tips and traps
- October 24, 2017 – Risk mitigation devices – stock ownership guidelines, holding periods and clawback policies
- November 15, 2017 – ESPP design, administration, tips and traps
For more information, please email Leah Lowery or call +1 858 550 6465.