Are you getting ready to raise your first round? Selling a convertible note? Trying to figure out the right type of financing? Confused between full participating preferred and broad based weighted average anti-dilution? Yes, those are real.
Please join us for a presentation on termsheets. Our speakers will provide information every entrepreneur should know.
Discussion topics include:
- Key points of negotiation
- Understanding pre-money vs. post valuations
- What is the norm for a Series A deal
- What are “No shop” clauses and when to sign them
Cooley U is an invitation-only, hands-on instruction program for first-time board members and entrepreneurs. This program is designed for the first-time entrepreneur or board member who would like to become more knowledgeable about both the legal and practical issues involved in negotiating a termsheet.
This session will feature:
- Lunch and networking with your peers
- Instruction by Cooley partner Karen Deschaine
- Q&A with Court Turner – Venture Partner, Avalon Ventures
Court R. Turner, J.D. joined Avalon Ventures in 2008 as an Advisor and became a Venture Partner in 2010. Mr. Turner is President, CEO and Director of Carolus Therapeutics, COO and Director of Afraxis, and Director of Zacharon Pharmaceuticals.
Seating is limited. For more information, please email Leah Lowery.