Comp Talks is a monthly program designed to address hot topics in compensation for public companies. The goal of the Comp Talks series is to provide practical information to help you:
- make compensation decisions that motivate your employees, consultants and directors to achieve your business goals,
- confidently explain those decisions to employees, directors, stockholders and proxy advisory firms, and
- administer your programs effectively.
Our programs, conducted by Cooley practitioners and industry experts, are designed to give you the information and tools you need to keep up with current compensation trends so you can balance the legal, tax and disclosure requirements and "best practices" with your practical business needs.
Our June 27 webcast will explore the key legal, disclosure and investor relations issues that arise when negotiating and implementing compensation, benefits and severance provisions in executive employment agreements. We will use actual provisions from public company executive employment agreements to offer practical tips, highlight traps and discuss recent legal developments.
Specific Topics Include
- Base salary and annual bonus provisions
- Signing bonuses
- Equity awards, including inducement grants
- Severance benefits
- Tax considerations, such as section 162(m) limits, section 409A traps and section 280G provisions
- Proxy advisory firm and shareholder views, including potential say-on-pay implications
Wendy Brenner – Partner, Cooley
Laura McDaniels – Special Counsel, Cooley
Amy Wood – Partner, Cooley (moderator)
Register to access recorded webcast