Comp Talks is a monthly program designed to address hot topics in compensation for public companies. The goal of the Comp Talks series is to provide practical information to help you:
- make compensation decisions that motivate your employees, consultants and directors to achieve your business goals,
- confidently explain those decisions to employees, directors, stockholders and proxy advisory firms, and
- administer your programs effectively.
Our programs, conducted by Cooley practitioners and industry experts, are designed to give you the information and tools you need to keep up with current compensation trends so you can balance the legal, tax and disclosure requirements and "best practices" with your practical business needs.
Our May 17 webcast will explore the key legal, tax and practical issues that arise when granting equity awards to non-U.S. employees. This program will offer tips, spot traps and discuss recent developments applicable to companies who operate, or are considering operating, their equity compensation programs globally.
Specific Topics Include
- Conducting a local analysis to understand the legal framework and practical reality
- Achieving tax efficiencies while balancing competing benefits with administrative burdens
- Working with tricky countries and tricky people
- Ensuring your international employees understand and appreciate their equity awards
Paula Holland – Partner, Cooley
Valerie Pierce – Vice President, Associate General Counsel, Jazz Pharmaceuticals
Amy Wood – Partner, Cooley (moderator)
Register to access recorded webcast
Upcoming Comp Talks Programs
- June 2017 – Executive employment agreements – negotiating and implementing
- July 2017 – Pay ratio calculations and disclosure
- August 2017 – 2017 proxy season recap
- September 2017 – Section 162(m) tips and traps
- October 2017 – Risk mitigation devices – stock ownership guidelines, holding periods and clawback policies
- November 2017 – ESPP design, administration, tips and traps
For more information, please email Leah Lowery or call +1 858 550 6465.