As merger activity continues to accelerate, global antitrust and competition law enforcement has become increasingly aggressive, especially with many M&As being international in character. In the US, the Federal Trade Commission and the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice have been active in seeking to enjoin mergers in concentrated markets. The European Commission similarly has been energetically challenging major deals, in concert with other jurisdictions with competition enforcement policies.
In this LIVE webcast, a panel of thought leaders and professionals assembled by The Knowledge Group will analyze recent trends and developments, including possible reforms to the EU merger control regime and possible changes in US enforcement policy under the Trump administration.
Key topics include:
- Antitrust policy under Trump Administration
- EU enforcement trends and developments
- Lessons from recent enforcement actions
- SMARTER Act: reconciling criteria for merger challenges
- Hart Scott Rodino: civil penalties and recent enforcement
- Increased scrutiny over international deals
- US enforcement trends and developments
Howard Morse – Partner, Cooley
Jon Dubrow – Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
Andreas Reindl – Counsel, Van Bael & Bellis
Dov Rothman – Vice President, Analysis Group
Event details and registration