#Brexit Briefing For International Insurers and Reinsurers
Cooley – 1114 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY
Please join us for a presentation and discussion about #Brexit, including the impact it’s likely to have on international insurers and reinsurers with UK offices and (re)insureds.
The briefing will be led by Chris Finney, who leads Cooley's financial services regulatory practice and has written and commented extensively about #Brexit; and David Kendall, named amongst the top 10 legal practitioners for the insurance industry in the UK.
They will discuss the following topics:
- When and how Brexit will happen
- Article 50 and the High Court litigation
- The Treasury Committee inquiry into Solvency II
- What “hard” and “soft” Brexit mean, and what lies in between
- The difference between “passporting”, “equivalence” and the WTO’s rules
- What’s happening in the London (re)insurance market, and what’s likely to happen next
Event details and registration