Please join the Society for Corporate Governance and Cooley for a panel discussion highlighting the importance of a well-structured board of directors.
Investors and proxy advisors are more focused than ever before on board composition, director tenure, diversity, board effectiveness and internal evaluations thereof.
Among the topics this panel will discuss are:
- What is preventing diverse board members from being recruited? What are the challenges? Pipeline problems, unconscious (or conscious) bias, closed social networks?
- What are the latest board recruitment and succession planning trends and tools?
- What are investors and proxy advisors seeking in the way of board term & age limits?
- How should the board's performance and knowledge gaps be analyzed and disclosed?
- What should the role of the corporate governance committee and corporate secretary be in conducting board evaluations?
Carrie Darling – VP, Associate General Counsel, Corporate Governance and Securities, Yahoo!
Amanda K. Packel – Deputy Director, Rock Center for Corporate Governance; Co-Director, Stanford Directors' College
Kristina Veaco – Principal, Veaco Group, Corporate Governance Advisors
Nancy H. Wojtas – Partner, Cooley
Event details and registration