Comp Talks is a monthly program designed to address hot topics in executive pay and equity compensation for public companies. The goal of the Comp Talks series is to provide practical information to help you:
- make compensation decisions that motivate your employees, consultants and directors to achieve your business goals,
- confidently explain those decisions to employees, directors, stockholders and proxy advisory firms, and
- administer your programs effectively.
Our briefings are conducted by Cooley practitioners and industry experts and are designed to give you the information and tools you need to keep up with current compensation trends and balance the legal, tax and disclosure requirements and "best practices" with your practical business needs.
With the 2016 proxy season behind most of us, it is time to analyze what happened in 2016 and what we can learn from it as we head into 2017. As companies gear up for off-season stockholder engagement and year-end compensation decisions, we will present an overview of the 2016 proxy season's developments and trends, and identify and discuss the key issues to consider going forward.
Specific Topics Include:
- What we learned from 2016, including an in-depth discussion of what's behind the statistics
- What is on the horizon for 2017, including proxy advisory firm and institutional investor policies and the second round of say-when-on-pay proposals
- What companies should be doing now to prepare for 2017
- Stockholder engagement - strategic tips and traps and securities law reminders
- Proxy litigation trends and Proxy disclosure developments, including best practices and SEC focus
Megan Arthur Schilling - Associate, Cooley
Amy Wood - Partner, Cooley (moderator)
Reid Pearson - Executive Vice President, Alliance Advisors
For additional information please email Leah Lowery