Comp Talks is a monthly program designed to address hot topics in executive pay and equity compensation for public companies. The goal of the Comp Talks series is to provide practical information to help you:
- make compensation decisions that motivate your employees, consultants and directors to achieve your business goals,
- confidently explain those decisions to employees, directors, stockholders and proxy advisory firms, and
- administer your programs effectively.
Our briefings are conducted by Cooley practitioners and industry experts and are designed to give you the information and tools you need to keep up with current compensation trends and balance the legal, tax and disclosure requirements and "best practices" with your practical business needs.
Because the use of restricted stock unit awards has continued to increase in recent years as public companies continue to face competing demands with respect to equity compensation, our June 1 webcast will explore current RSU trends as well as ways to improve the design, implementation and administration of your RSU programs.
Specific Topics Include
- Latest trends in RSU grant practices
- Common design pitfalls
- Practical tips from in-house counsel
- Tips for efficiently administering RSUs with limited personnel and resources
- Tax and securities compliance considerations
- Tips for administering withholding taxes and common pitfalls
Jennifer Drimmer – Senior Director, Legal Services, Exelixis, Inc.
Matthew Goforth – Lead Researcher, Governance & Compensation, Equilar, Inc.
Michelle Lara – Special Counsel, Cooley
Amy Wood – Partner, Cooley (moderator)
For additional information, please email Leah Lowery or call +1 858 550 6465.