Charles P. Charpentier is a special counsel in the Cooley Business department. He joined the Firm in 2008 and is resident in the Washington, DC office.
Mr. Charpentier concentrates his practice on secured and unsecured credit transactions, mergers and acquisitions, equity financings, ongoing securities law requirements of public companies and other general corporate matters. His experience includes:
- Representing information storage company in $158 million acquisition of e-discovery services company
- Representing government contracting company in acquisition of advanced technology company that provides secure cloud solutions
- Representing public and private software companies in the sales and acquisitions of business divisions
- Representing public and private companies in strategic joint ventures
- Representing public companies and underwriters in subordinated debt offerings and tender offers
- Representing agents, lenders, and borrowers in syndicated, mezzanine, venture, and other loan facilities
Prior to joining Cooley, Mr. Charpentier was a corporate associate at Sullivan & Worcester LLP. He was named a "Rising Star" by Massachusetts Super Lawyers, Boston Magazine in 2007.
Mr. Charpentier received his J.D., magna cum laude, from Villanova University School of Law in 2004. He received his M.A. in international affairs from the George Washington University, Elliott School of International Affairs, and his B.A. in political science and sociology from Boston College. He also studied for a year in Sofia, Bulgaria on a Fulbright Fellowship.
Mr. Charpentier is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and the District of Columbia and is a member of the American Bar Association. He serves on the pro bono committe for Cooley's Washington, DC office and is the Firm's representative to The Capital Area Immigrants' Rights (CAIR) Coalition's Legal Advisory Committee. He also serves on the Board of Directors of the Rotary Club of Capitol Hill and the Rotary Club of Capitol Hill Foundation and on the Executive Board of the National Capital Area Council, Boy Scouts of America.
- Villanova School of Law
JD, 2004, magna cum laude
- The George Washington University
MA International Affairs, 2001
- Boston College
BA Political Science & Sociology, 1998
- District of Columbia