Recognized as one of the top litigation firms in the U.S. by Chambers USA, Legal 500 and Benchmark Litigation, our litigation department is led by first-chair trial attorneys. Our attorneys represent leading global companies and executives in trials that have major implications on their businesses. Our long list of trials include bet-the-company cases, defense of intellectual property rights pivotal to our clients' business models, and complex white collar trials.
In the Courtroom
We have litigated before judges in more than 80 federal and state venues throughout the U.S. and arbitral panels, including the United States Supreme Court, the United States Courts of Appeals, the International Trade Commission and courts in nearly all 50 states. Our trial teams draw upon the experience of lawyers with decades of first-chair trial experience as well as more than 50 former judicial clerks and litigation support professionals with deep discovery and case management experience.
We approach every case as if it will go to trial, while working closely with our clients to press opponents into acquiescing to our arguments throughout the case. With the uncertainty that a trial brings, most clients would prefer to settle a case, and our reputation as trial lawyers has led to very favorable settlements on the courthouse steps, giving our clients a competitive edge.
We report high-profile victories on a regular basis. Recent trials include:
- Securing a complete acquittal of an individual charged in a bid rigging conspiracy in the market for excess casualty insurance
- Obtaining a ruling rescinding a poison pill and right of first refusal adopted by the controlling shareholders of a well-known online classified website and restoring the minority ownership share in the company for the world's largest online marketplace company
- Successfully receiving a jury verdict invalidating the patent-in-suit in a case brought against a popular social media company
- Securing a rare defense verdict in a patent infringement suit in the Eastern District of Texas brought against the largest online printing companies in North America
- Obtaining the rejection of breach of license agreement claims brought against a next generation mobile technologies leader in arbitration
- Securing a jury verdict validating patent infringement claims and award of damages for a modular computing, rack and blade server inventor adverse to an industry titan
- Obtaining a decision finding on all counts for the owner of a fleet of 80+ mobile catering trucks in a employee classification suit and granting attorneys' fees and costs
- Securing a trial victory on behalf of two individual defendants in a real estate dispute involving a 45+ acre parcel of rare, undeveloped, beachfront property worth in excess of $50 million
- 30+ trials over the past 12 months
- 13 former Assistant U.S. Attorneys and Department of Justice lawyers
- 6 Fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- Experience in more than 80 state and federal courts, arbitral forums and administrative bodies
- Named one of 32 U.S. law firms that attorneys would least like to face in litigation (BTI Consulting)