Cooley's Capital Markets lawyers advise issuers, investment banks and investors in equity and debt transactions that raise capital through the public and private capital markets. In the past five years, we have been involved in a significant percentage of the nation's most notable securities transactions, including over 200 public offerings raising in excess of $20 billion.
We are one of the leading law firms advising companies in their securities transactions. According to IPO Vital Signs, Cooley was ranked the most active law firm representing either the issuers or underwriters in IPOs in the life sciences and technology sectors in 2013. As one of the most active law firms in this area, particularly in those sectors, we have deep industry-specific expertise as corporate counsel to high-growth companies that allows us to help our clients navigate the many challenges that arise during a company's lifecycle, including facilitating their access to the capital markets.
We also have significant experience representing the leading investment and commercial banks, placement agents, institutional investors, and venture, private equity and other private investment funds in a broad range of finance and banking transactions in the leading financial centers and emerging markets around the globe. We were recently recognized in American Lawyer's Corporate Scorecard as on of the top five most active law firms advising underwriters on U.S. and global IPOs.
Our Capital Markets lawyers work closely with our other practice groups such as compensation and benefits, regulatory, litigation, tax, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, licensing/partnering and antitrust and trade regulation to adeptly navigate the most complex and sensitive issues that arise in the context of capital markets transactions..
- Public Equity Offerings
- Initial Public Offerings
- Follow-on and Secondary Public Offerings
- Shelf Registrations
- Rule 144A/Regulation S Offerings
- PIPE Transactions
- Other Private Placements
- Convertible Debt
- Preferred Stock
- High Yield Debt
- Investment Grade Debt
- Derivative Products
- Mezzanine Capital
- Royalty-backed and Other Structured
- Debt Securities
Recent Rankings and Accolades
- #1 Law Firm among issuer advisors in global equity capital markets in Q1 2014 (Thompson Reuters)
- #1 Law Firm for IPOs in Q1 2014, partipating in 1/3 of the IPOs in the quarter (IPO Vital Signs)
- #1 Law Firm representing issuers and underwriters in IPOs in the life sciences and technology sectors in 2013 (IPO Vital Signs)
- #1 Law Firm advising issuers for U.S. venture-backed IPOs in 2013 (Pitchbook and IPO Vital Signs)
- #1 Law Firm advising issuers in Life Science IPOs from 2000 to the present (VentureSource)